I had a date with God today….
I heard Him in the voice
of the stressed out bus driver
who works two jobs
to educate his children
when he talked about working in the garden.
I felt Him in the hugs of the street people, the addicts, the alcholics and the elderly
when they collected their FREE HUGS from me today….and I did not even have my FREE HUG t-shirt on.
I saw Him in the eyes of the transgender person when I gave love and acceptance in my smile.
I saw His love in action when the neighbour came to call.
I heard His voice in the HU song with my friend on skype.
I watched Him in the fidgeting movements as the child read her story.
I received a hug from God at the end of my day
when my friend shared deeply about the events of her healing.
Yes today I had a date with God.
He took many shapes and sizes.
He was hiding behind the eyes of all His children.
He was there with each and every one I did meet.
He is sitting with me at the end of the day
With love, acceptance and some surprises.
When I washed my face and brushed my teeth
He was looking back at me in and through my own eyes.
(Wow, this day was the best date with God I have ever had.)
- Would You Like a Hug From a Paul Mitchell Stylist? (bellasugar.com)
- Your touch is nagging at me…. (g8listener.wordpress.com)
- I am the drum (g8listener.wordpress.com)
- Willing to be willing (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- The nicest place on the net – with free hugs! (news.com.au)
- The Goddess of Pot Roasts…. (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- Open heart, loving thoughts, joyous days (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)