Thank you for the opportunity to be of service….
now what is it you want me to do Creator?
You have given me a body with no manual,
a heart with no instructions
and placed me with many other bodies
who do not have manuals nor instructions.
So what is up with that Creator?
What, you want me to serve the others?
How can I do that?
I do not know them ~
oh, they are all your children!
The rocks, the trees, the stars,
the winged ones, the creepy crawly ones,
the ones with fins, the ones with two legs,
the ones with four legs, the ones with a hundred legs….
I am to serve them by loving them?
How can I do that when I do not love myself?
I am to listen, comfort, hug and love.
I am to be present for them.
I am to be present for myself.
Oh, it is in loving them
and serving you I will learn to love myself?
I am to love them as they are your children?
Could I ask how long I have signed up for this assignment?
Just for one day at a time…just for eternity.
How will I know who to serve?
How will I know who to love?
Love them all.
Love them anyway.
Serve me by loving them…
- Oh, how I long to be free…….. (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- Thanks for your presence and the presents it brings…. (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- Talking to God (patcegan.wordpress.com)
- Basking in the love-glow of rain and the Creator’s face (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- Life after near-death: why surviving is only the beginning (guardian.co.uk)