To get around barriers on the road to God, an individual must find the Sound and Light, the most certain way to spiritual freedom. A simple contemplative exercise to help one do that is this: At bedtime, shut your eyes and look at a blank screen in your mind. This screen is located at the Spiritual Eye, which is slightly above and behind the eyebrows. Breathe deeply several times, then sing God or HU softly for twenty minutes.
To add variety to your contemplations, look at the letters E-C-K, which signify the Holy Spirit. Whatever name you choose, sing it daily.This word may be sung aloud—or silently, if you do not want to disturb another. It is often enough to mentally invite the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master to give you a Soul Travel experience during sleep. No harm will come to you, for a Soul Traveler of the Far Country is always there to watch over you.
Before contemplation, think of some person you love, or of some happy event. This feeling of love or goodwill is necessary for travel in the Far Country. Soul Travel is the first step to God.
By Harold Klemp
A how-to collection of 131 spiritual exercises for spiritual growth and upliftment.
Available at local and online bookstores and the Eckankar Online B
- Bypassing the Mind ~ Harold Klemp ~ Spiritual Exercises of ECK (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- Bathing in Light ~ Harold Klemp ~ Spiritual Exercises of ECK (Eckankar) (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- Continue to Experiment Harold Klemp The Spiritual Exercises of ECK (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- What is HU? ~ Harold Klemp ~Spiritual Exercises of ECK (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- Contemplation from Harold Klemp (with translations kindly provided by Cameron Barfield) (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- A Quote… (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)
- When you feel Negative Powers prevent you… (sukanyapatwardhan.wordpress.com)
- A Quote…from greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com (greatpoetrymhf.wordpress.com)